Friday, May 4, 2012

What I do When I Skip Ultimate

Math homework with a pen?  This is mutiny!
Despite my enthusiasm for this wonderful sport, I decided today to reconcile my attendance to accommodate my homework and comfort. If I decided to attend the Ultimate games, then I would have been very hard pressed for time just like I am consistently throughout the week. Ultimate consumes the time directly after school, and Ultimate is usually followed by a musical ensemble's rehearsal that I must participate in.  On this very specific day, however, I wished to remove this time pressure because of my homework load and the fact that I had a concert with an arrival time of 6.


What a stylish pair of sunglasses.
     What did I do with this extra time?  Well, of course I did homework!  Now, I did not have a terrible amount of homework.  In fact, I could have probably finished all the homework I was assigned with the limited time I would have had if I participated in the Ultimate Games.  So, what I did with the extra time I had involved a nice run.  First of all, the weather was very impressive considering it was in the middle 80's.  I couldn't help embrace my ambitions to run in the heat.  Last summer, I had extreme problems running in the heat because I would get horribly sick.  I was upset to learn that this was heat exhaustion and the only way to overcome this is to run in the heat!  I went for four miles and my shirt was becoming soaking wet, so I succumbed to the desire and took it off.  I instantly felt better despite the near debilitating cramps I felt.  I also got to sport my new Iron Man sunglasses that I was given for Easter from the "Easter Bunny".  They are very comfortable and qualitative.


Green?  Green?  Purple is my favorite color!
     After I returned from my run, which was miserable to say in the least, I took a nice cold shower.  The feeling of cool water on my skin was bliss.  I read somewhere that taking cold showers reduces your risk for stress related problems and just relieves stress.  The cool shower made me relaxed and stress free to conquer the Sequences and Series for my advanced math class.  Then, after all that wonder, I dressed up and made my way to my percussion concert where I played the Triple Cellos in the Steel Band.  

No comments:

Post a Comment