Saturday, May 5, 2012

Running Errands

      It seems that I've become the "Man of Grass".  Ever since I mowed with diagonal stripes, my parents want me to mow every weekend!  My bragging probably also prompted their assumptions that I will mow the lawn for them.  Hey, I have to help out around the house in some way!
     The weather today is just right for outside work.  It isn't raining, and it isn't sunny so there isn't a constant squint that hurts your face over time.  "Today was born for Ultimate!", and so I played ultimate.    
      Becca seems to be enjoying the little spurts of sunlight through the fog.  She had quite the exhausting day after her meet and greet with her summer "babysitters".  Greyhounds are the epitome of the word "awkward".  They basically stand around and ignore each other's existence, occasionally breaking up their isolation with about 30 seconds of social interaction before returning to their thoughts and understanding.  
      We got a brand new monitor considering ours broke.  My parent's monitor in the back actually broke, but I convinced my dad to grant us the new widescreen monitor because we use the computer much more than they do.  Sadly, I think my mom will insist on having the larger screen when she returns from her endeavor to York, Nebraska (I bet you've never heard of that before!  Luckily I get to visit there over the summer...with slight reluctance).

     My first time on the expressway went smoothly and uneventfully.  It was quite the day of driving for me, but that's not a bad thing.  Every time I drive, I get even more excited for the day when I can drive myself in my own car to my own job and park in my own garage.  I know I shouldn't be wishing away my childhood, but I shouldn't be obliviously ignoring the future.  The future is coming fast, and the fact that Freshman year is almost over is proving that statement more and more true.  Seniors 2015!!  That'll be here before I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment