Thursday, May 24, 2012

A Eulogy

     Good afternoon fellow family and friends who mourn here over this body about the life and memories of the passed John Wilkes Booth.  My condolences go out to those who were closest to him, and I hope that my expressions of memories will bring your heart and minds to a more stoic state.  John Wilkes Booth was always determined and had overflowing perseverance.  When he said he would do something, it was easily assumable that he would do just that.  In fact, one day he came up to me and said "I'm going to kill the president."  All I said was,"Okay."  At that time, I wasn't truly interested in his plan for success and glory, but as time grew on, John and I had a few conversations that lead to our teamwork.  His "I'm going to kill the president" turned into an "I will kill President Abraham Lincoln", which caused a small hint of anxiety to ensue in my heart.  Did I really want to go through with this?  I didn't have the determination to commence any further with his plans of a theater murder.  John and I began to grow apart as Abraham Lincoln's plans began and the Civil War grew.  The next thing I knew I was drafted into the Confederate Army and my connection to the news was over.  I wondered "Did John follow through?  When doesn't John follow through?"  Even at gunpoint, I knew John Wilkes Booth would follow through just like he always does.  His hard head of determination gave him a competitive edge against everyone.  John was a successful human being, and as soon as I returned home and learned of his achievement I instantly filled with rejoice just as all of you did in the kitchen on the day of the news.  John Wilkes Booth will forever be missed, but it is hopeful and soothing to our souls that the memories we have of him are that of success and determination.  You will always be in our hearts.    

No comments:

Post a Comment