Friday, May 25, 2012

Success and it's Glory

     As you probably know, I auditioned for the prestigious honor of a seat in one of the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras.  During the preparation and execution of the audition, my feelings about succeeding were objective.  I didn't truly have a particular preference for one of the two orchestras I was eligible for, and I didn't mind if I didn't make it!  After I traveled all the way to Chicago and auditioned for them, I was very proud of my sound and felt I actually had a chance to get in.  These thoughts gave me hope that I previously lacked before the audition.
     I've been checking the mail lately for any respondence from the CYSO concerning results, but these efforts were futile.  The end of May is nearing, and the letter still hasn't come like they promised.  Then I log onto my Facebook just to check on my Relay team and for a little information about people I don't actually talk to or associate with in "real life".  I see a message from Nick saying "What did you make?".  Well, this phrase meant to me "What did you get on the Geography final?" or "What did you make for CYSO?".  Just to clarify, I asked him what he was asking and he clarified that he was inquiring about CYSO.  He told me to check my email for the results.  My heart started racing.  After all this wait to see what this one measly email says.  I open up my mom's email considering she registered her email with our audition forms and saw one email from "Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestras".  This was it!  Was it for Joe or me?  I opened it while holding my breath and with a relief and exultance read that I had been placed into the CYSO's Concert Orchestra!  I succeeded in my efforts and they paid off!  I'm in for an experience I won't soon forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment