Saturday, May 12, 2012

Charity and Misfortune

     Sadly, I learned that my baking skills, especially those that involve the creation of palatable cupcakes for charity, are lacking from what I expect.  Despite the impressive turnout of this baking endeavor, I am not pleased to admit my mistakes considering the fact that they were horrifyingly simple.  My mom describes my mistakes by saying "You are intelligent!  Why can't you bake cupcakes?"  My mind ceases to work when I don't need it, but that's not necessarily a bad thing when I have to save it to solve complex math problems that multiple high school math teachers can not solve. Despite my obvious problems with the creation of edible cupcakes for charity, my mom and I were able to create a hefty collection. We made a little over 60 cupcakes, and my mom decided to take the excess batter to produce a small pseudo pound cake. All the glory that came from the moment when I presided over the brilliantly elegant cupcakes that expanded across my counter. These cupcakes, although they will most likely be considered "flops", will resemble true effort and determination to fight against cancer. The human body is a miraculously complex machine that is strong, yet very fragile. Sadly, cancer is one of the many ways fate and misfortune creep into the daily lives of many people. Cancer shall be cured someday. And this someday, in comparison to how long humans have been and will be around, will be very very soon. Whoever discovers this cure will be considered the best human to have ever lived! He or she will go down in history as the most influential person ever. This person won't find it for money and he won't find it for the fame. He won't be rewarded with this money or fame. He will be rewarded with all the lives that people will continue to have! He will be rewarded with many more people, people he won't even know, having birthdays! Birthdays are a celebration and a blessing.

Happy birthday world! Cancer is soon to be gone!

Help support Team Lifesavers!

No comments:

Post a Comment