Tuesday, April 24, 2012

PLAN (for what again?)

Despite my anxiety about my (practice) test score, I can't help think and wonder about where this specific number result will take me. Mentally, I certainly know, it will put me at ease to see whether I'm on track, or veering off course a little. Even though it was just a practice test, I still have a powerful sense that this test score is very important. The Practice PLAN, which is the second step of standardized tests leading up to the mighty ACT, was administered to me today as well as my whole freshman class. People on Facebook were expressing their dissatisfaction towards the test, and teachers kept reminding us yesterday to do our best. Now, in my head, I'm thinking,"Who on earth would do badly on purpose? I mean, this is telling you (in a sense) where you can go to C.O.L.L.E.G.E!!" I know that people don't care. They think "Oh, I'm just a freshman", but honestly, you'll be a senior in almost no time. Those people who blew off their standardized tests are going to be ashamed writing a "17" in the ACT slot on their college application to University of Illinois wondering,"I hope they accept me, I hope they accept me." Here's my experience of this Practice PLAN in a nutshell. It was a decent level for me, but the time limits were quite constraining. I felt like I was very rushed, and couldn't perform my best. I'm left to assume that this short limit is to create a harder test so that whipping out a 36 isn't an everyday feat. I'm not extremely worried as of now, but I hope my score reflects positive improvement from last year's Explore test. All I can do...is wait for my score to be handed to me tomorrow. COLLEGE-COLLEGE-C.O.L.L.E.G.E. As of now, I'm set on University of Chicago which is going to be a huge accomplishment to get into. Unfortunately, I have almost no control in my acceptance until Senior year, but it's nice to have a goal and motivation. As of now, I can get in from my grades, but I don't know yet about the test scores. I get to see my score tomorrow, and I hope it satisfies my expectations! ~Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment