Friday, October 19, 2012

Trombone Blues

Alright, so I feel like being involved in marching band is complicated socially. People in the band tend to gravitate towards the people in their sections and the sectional activities are planned to foster section bonding. I never bonded with the people in my section. For some reason, my personality didn't fit in with them and now it's too late. Especially now, I spend every possible moment away from my section because I can't really stand the people anymore. It's not that I don't like them, it's just that I don't fit in and I feel that I'm forced to. I guess it's harder because I'm not very social when it comes to acting out of my comfort range. Now, I foresee similar problems next year if I'm not on the leadership team, and I foresee problems if I am a leader associated with the trombone section. First of all, the people don't really think or act like me. I would be a section leader to get stuff done, and the trombones haven't had a leader like that for the last two years at least. I just see my senior year as a time when I can just do whatever I want and make matching band as amazing as possible. I know this freedom and excitement doesn't exist, but I can hope. I'm definitely looking forward to marching band, and who knows, maybe I'll connect with some people next year in the trombones.

No comments:

Post a Comment