Friday, June 15, 2012

Les Miserables

     Just last week the Les Miserables 25th Anniversary Concert came in the mail from the infamous Netflix.  I decided that I would watch and understand the whole thing in anticipation for the show's stop here in Chicago.  After I watched the concert, I had mixed feelings.  At first, I thought "This is really lengthy."  After I finished the whole thing though, I realized that it was actually really good.  I thought the music was boring, but that's because every word someone says is sung.  That got a little old, but it was still impressive.  My favorite songs, as the case usually is with musicals, are the songs that involve an entire ensemble such as "Red and Black" and "One Day More".  I cannot wait to see this show when it comes to Chicago because I'm sure that when stage movements and acting are added, it will take on a completely different level of impressiveness.  This is the world's most famous musical for a reason.  

No comments:

Post a Comment