Sunday, July 1, 2012

Disappointing Phones

     Just recently in this summertime fun, I spilled water all over my cell phone and video camera while at Ultimate Frisbee Camp.  I was taking a drink of water and unfortunately I failed to close the cap all the way and the water left the bottle making its way inside the circuit boards of my precious electronics.  Sadly both of them died.  My phone, considering its age and dumbness, was cheaply replaced and it came in the mail last week.  The camera, considering its high cost and unavailability, is not going to be replaced for a while.  I opened my new phone the day after my trip to Six Flags, anxious to feel connected to the world again.  I opened it and started activating it, but to my short temper it wouldn't connect.  I had to call Virgin Mobile and go through layers and layers of robotic commands trying to reach someone, and when I finally did the assistant's voice was just a faint sound in the earpiece of the phone.  Following her directions was nearly impossible, but I focused through and it was activated!
     After using my phone for about half the day, I noticed that the battery was dying quickly.  I charged it overnight and the same thing happened!  The phone was dead before the evening arrived, and this did not correspond with my past phone which was able to go for weeks without a charge.  I expected them to work the same considering they are the same exact phone!  So, I had to call Virgin Mobile again and this time the layers and layers of robot didn't even bring me to a choice I needed!  I had to dial buttons repeatedly such as "0,0,0,0 or 1,1,1,1,1" in order to reach an assistant.  When I did reach the assistant, he ordered me a new battery and it's on its way right now.  Hopefully it doesn't disappoint me like the last one.  Cell phones bite.  

No comments:

Post a Comment